- Kramer Robertson, LSU’s freshman second baseman, stole the show in LSU’s 6-0 win over Grambling on Sunday. His handful of stellar defensive plays was led by that sliding catch in foul territory in the third inning. The grab landed him on SportsCenter’s Top 10 plays Sunday night. He was No. 5.
- He also received some love from Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III, the former Baylor star. Robertson, remember, is the son of Baylor women’s basketball coach Kim Mulkey.
— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) February 17, 2014
- Robertson’s Twitter feed was full of congratulatory mentions, including this one from starting pitcher Jared Poché. Robertson responded to it. Poché didn’t allow a hit in his six innings on the mound.
— Kramer Robertson (@KramerR3) February 17, 2014
- What? You wanna see that catch now, don’t you? Here’s a GIF, courtesy of TigerDroppings.
- Meanwhile, LSU closed out its three-game, season-opening weekend with a third straight win. And, now, coach Paul Mainieri has decisions to make. We wrote about that and Robertson’s catch (Shocker!) and don’t miss our notes from Sunday’s game. Here’s our Postgame blog, too.
- In football news, LSU coach Les Miles was hanging with the stars at the NBA All-Star Game last night.
— Michael Bonnette (@LSUBonnette) February 17, 2014