Pregame will be posted a few hours before each game this baseball season. About an hour before first pitch, lineups will be added to the bottom of this post. Return after the game for our Postgame blog with video.
- What: LSU (14-2) vs. Nicholls State (8-8)
- When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
- Where: Alex Box
- Starting pitchers: LSU Jr. RHP Brady Domangue (1-0, 6.35 ERA, 5.2 IP, 4 BB, 2 SO), NSU Jr. LHP Mike Hanchar (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 8.0 IP, 5 BB 8 SO)
- In-game updates on Twitter: @DellengerAdv
- On deck: vs. Southern, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Alex Box
- In the hole: at Vanderbilt, 6:30 p.m. Friday, Hawkins Field
- Links to know: Bouman beats out Glenn for Saturday weekend role; Domangue gets nod, right field infield and catcher rotation
What’s At Stake
- The Tigers are riding high. They won five games in five days and got their first three-game series sweep. Three days before SEC play starts at Vandy, a loss in the midweek to a low-level opponent would bust what is a confidence-brewing bubble.
What To Watch
- Domangue’s day: Domangue gets his second start as LSU continues the process of turning the former LSU-Eunice star from reliever to starter. He seemed to have put aside his struggles from the first three weeks of the season as a reliever. He had a three-inning start last week against Sacred Heart that Mainieri liked.
- Stevenson’s streak: Andrew Stevenson has gotten a hit in 14 straight games. The guy has a .432 average a year after batting .193. How long can this hot streak of his continue?
- Middle relievers: With Domangue on the mound, Mainieri will likely go to his bullpen earlier than normal. Middle relief guys like Nate Fury, Hunter Devall, Zac Person and Alden Cartwright get a chance to shine days before the big series at Vandy.
Know Your Opponent
- Nicholls was picked to finish eighth in the Southland Conference this season. In two starts (18 innings), Hanchar has allowed just one hit, walked five and struck out eight.
- Sean McMullen, DH
- Mark Laird, RF
- Alex Bregman, SS
- Conner Hale, 1B
- Kade Scivicque, C
- Kramer Robertson, 2B
- Andrew Stevenson, CF
- Jared Foster, LF
- Danny Zardon, 3B
- Philip Lyons, 2B
- Leo Vargas, SS
- Tyler Duplantis, 3B
- Keith Cormier, RF
- Marc Frazier, DH
- Charles Morton, LF
- David Zorn, 1B
- Christian Correa, C
- Darius Knight, CF