Pregame will be posted a few hours before each game this baseball season. About an hour before first pitch, lineups will be added to the bottom of this post. Return after the game for our Postgame blog with video.
South Alabama’s bus broken down about 22 miles outside of Baton Rouge on I-12, and the team waited nearly two hours for a new bus.
LSU sent a bus to pick up the team.
The Jaguars arrived at Alex Box Stadium at 5:10 p.m. for a game set to start at 6:37. Their batting practice was scheduled to begin at 5. The Jaguars had an abbreviated BP.
The game is set to start on time.
South Alabama had planned to make a stop at the team hotel and eat a pregame meal before heading to Alex Box Stadium. The Jaguars instead went straight to Alex Box and ate at a Subway.
- What: LSU (17-4) vs. South Alabama (10-8)
- When: 6:30 p.m. Wednesday
- Where: Alex Box Stadium
- Starting pitchers: LSU Jr. LHP Cody Glenn (1-1, 4.79 ERA), USA Sr. RHP Matt Bell (2-2, 5.13 ERA)
- In-game updates on Twitter: @DellengerAdv
- On deck: vs. Georgia, 7 p.m. Friday, Alex Box
- In the hole: vs. Georgia, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Alex Box
- Links to know: Tigers’ 14 hits at Vandy were fewest since at least 1997; Bouman questionable for UGA series with ankle sprain
What’s At Stake
- A good rebound, right? LSU is coming off its worst offensive showing in a three-game series since at least 1997, but probably several years before that. The Tigers’ need to re-ignite their offense and return to the winning track before welcoming in Georgia.
What To Watch
- Cody Glenn: He seems to make this list a lot. Glenn gets another crack at starting, but he’ll only pitch for about two innings. That’s enough time, though, to tell if the junior from Texas has righted the ship. He struggled in his pre-conference starts and out of the bullpen at Vanderbilt. He’s still a viable candidate for a starting weekend gig, coach Paul Mainieri said.
- Bregman’s slump: Those are two words you don’t often see. Alex Bregman was 1 for 12 at Vandy, his worst offensive showing in a three-game series of his LSU career. He’s 1 for his last 14 at-bats.
- The pen: Glenn is only planning to throw two innings because Mainieri might need him to start against Georgia on Sunday (with Bouman possibly out with injury). That means a group of relievers will have to finish off the game, throwing seven or so innings.
Know Your Opponent
- South Alabama is no slouch. The Jags took two of three from Arkansas and won at Southern Miss. Bell led USA in team ERA last season (3.70), but has struggled this year and has been moved to the midweek.
- Sean McMullen, DH
- Mark Larid, RF
- Alex Bregman, SS
- Kade Scivicque, C
- Andrew Stevenson, CF
- Conner Hale, 1B
- Christian Ibarra, 3B
- Jake Fraley, LF
- Kramer Robertson, 2B
- Davis Knapp, LF
- Bud Collura, 3B
- Cole Gleason, RF
- Erik Hindmon, C
- Matt Bolger, 2B
- Adam Ballew, CF
- Matt Wojciechowski, DH
- Drew LeBounty, SS
- Cameron Cummings, RF