Postgame will be posted a few hours after each game during this baseball season.
- Box: Click here
- Coverage: Game story
- Twitter: @DellengerAdv
- On deck: vs. Ole Miss, 6:30 p.m. Friday, Oxford-University Stadium, Oxford
- In the hole: vs. Ole Miss, 1 p.m. Sunday, Oxford-University Stadium, Oxford
- Aaron Nola, LSU RHP: Nola allowed a homer and another run and eight hits, but he also struck out seven and threw a season-high 121 pitches. “He pitched his heart out,” Mainieri said.
- Conner Hale, LSU 1B: Hale went 3 for 5. He had a single to lead off the 11th and scored. He had a two-out double in the 13th and scored the eventual winning run.
- Jake Fraley, LSU LF: Fraley, a pinch hitter, drove in the run in the 11th inning, against proving clutch. The freshman’s RBI single drove in Hale to give the Tigers a 3-2 lead.
- Errol Robinson, Ole Miss SS: Robinson committed the error that scored the eventual winning run. Danny Zardon’s hard-hit grounder went right between his leg, skidding out to the outfield and scoring Hale from second base.
The Turning Point
- See above (that error).
- “Today we didn’t get the big hit, didn’t make the big pitch and didn’t make the play in the field.” Ole Miss coach Mike Bianco