Postgame will be posted a few hours after each game during this baseball season.
- Box: Click here
- Coverage: Game story; Three Strikes; Column
- Twitter: @DellengerAdv
- On deck: vs. TBA, NCAA regional, Friday, Alex Box Stadium
- More videos: Alex Bregman; Sean McMullen
- Kurt McCune, LSU RHP: The senior didn’t allow a hit over the final two innings. He allowed just one base runner in six faced. He retired the final two batters of the game, inducing a double-play ball and then a ground out to first base.
- Alex Bregman, LSU SS: Bregman made a couple of snazzy defensive plays and helped turn three double plays. He went 2-for-4, the only player to have multiple hits in the game.
- Sean McMullen, LSU DH: McMullen hit a two-out, full-count two-run homer over the right field wall, breaking a scoreless tie and eventually giving the Tigers a win.
The Turning Point
- McMullen’s homer is big, sure. It was the difference in the game, after all. However, McCune walked the first batter of the ninth before inducing a double play. That was big.
- “I was waiting for the big hit. When I came up to bat, I realized it was going to be the last at-bat at this stadium. I just wanted to soak it in.” – LSU DH Sean McMullen before his homer