Postgame will be posted a few hours after each game during this baseball season.
- Box: Click here
- Coverage: Game story
- Twitter: @DellengerAdv
- On deck: vs. TBA, NCAA regional, 2 or 7 p.m. Saturday, Alex Box Stadium
- More videos: LSU players
- Tyler Moore, LSU 1B: Moore continued his hot streak. He went 3 for 4 with an RBI. He’s batting .484 and has 20 RBIs in the last nine games, all LSU wins. He drove in the tying run with a blooping single in the seventh.
- Mark Laird, LSU RF: Laird went 3 for 5 and scored two runs. He beat out a chopping single up the middle in LSU’s four-run eighth inning, a frame that blew up this one.
- Sean McMullen, LSU DH: McMullen went just 1 for 4, but his one was a biggie. His two-run home run in the eighth inning gave the Tigers an 8-4 lead.
- Jam Fisher, Southeastern C: Fisher committed a costly error that led to a four-run eighth inning for LSU. Christian Ibarra hit a short one-out chopper in front of the plate, and Fisher threw wide of first base. All four of the Tigers’ runs in that inning were unearned.
The Turning Point
- This is easy: The above error. It sparked LSU’s four-run eighth inning. The Tigers won by four.
- “The legends, the lore of LSU baseball, and the great moments … our players love that stuff. They want to make their own.” – LSU coach Paul Mainieri on the comeback win