Postgame will be posted a few hours after each game during this baseball season.
- Box: Click here
- Coverage: Game story
- Twitter: @DellengerAdv
- On deck: vs. Houston or Southeastern Louisiana, 7 p.m. Sunday
- Conner Hale, LSU 1B: Hale had RBI singles in his first two at-bats. He made up for a whiff on a hit-and-run by hitting a line drive single to drive in a run a few moments later.
- Alex Bregman, LSU SS: Bregman had several great defensive plays, but the best came with the bases loaded and two outs. He dove for a ball in foul territory, catching it to end the inning. He went 1 for 3 at the plate, driving in a run in a two-run seventh.
- Aaron Nola, LSU RHP: Nola struck out seven through 7.1 innings, retiring 17 of his final 18 batters in a masterful performance. He wiggled out of that bases-loaded jam in the second – with help from Bregman’s catch. Nola allowed one hit outside of that second inning. He allowed three in that frame.
The Turning Point
- LSU added two runs in the seventh inning for a four-run cushion. That’s a comfortable lead with Nola hurling. The Tigers had RBI singles from Mark Laird and Bregman in the frame. Christian Ibarra singled to lead off the inning, and Kramer Robertson walked.
- “Players know clearly once the NCAA tournament starts, you’re five wins away from Omaha. We’re basically counting them off now. That’s two down and three to go.” – LSU coach Paul Mainieri