Postgame will be posted a few hours after each game during this baseball season.
- Kyle Survance, UH RF: Survance had three hits and drove in the eventual game-winning run with a line-drive single to shallow left field. He had a single in the eighth, scoring the third run of Houston’s four-run inning.
- Caleb Barker, UH C: Barker hit the two-run game-tying shot in that eighth inning. His smack off of Nate Fury was sent into short center, and tied it at 4.
- Alex Bregman, LSU SS: Bregman went 4 for 5 with two RBIs. He had hits in his first four at-bats, including a pair of doubles (one a pop fly UH couldn’t catch). He also made some spectacular plays in the field.
- Kyle Bouman, LSU LHP: Bouman allowed two hits through the first six innings. He threw pitches over the plate, allowing his defense to make some incredible plays in the field. He retired 17 of 21 batters at one point.
- Kurt McCune, LSU RHP: McCune got rocked in the eighth inning. He allowed three singles, four runs and was called for obstructing a runner’s path down the first base line. He was credited for all four of Houston’s runs in its four-run rally in the eighth.
The Turning Point
- Houston’s four-run eighth inning turned momentum. The Cougars won it in the 11th with three singles.
- “I’m getting the ball tomorrow night, and I can promise you we’re going to win that game.” – freshman RHP Alden Cartwright