Postgame will be posted a few hours after each game during this baseball season.
- Box: Click here
- Coverage: Game story
- Twitter: @DellengerAdv
- Videos: Alex Bregman; Tyler Moore; Aaron Nola
- Ashford Fulmer, UH CF: Fulmer went 3 for 3 and drove in two runs. He was one of three Cougars hitters to record at least two hits in the game.
- Frankie Ratclif, UH SS: Ratcliff made the plays in the field when needed and had two RBIs at the plate. He went 2 for 3 at the dish in leading the Cougars to the regional title.
- Nate Fury, LSU RHP: In relief, Fury tossed 4.1 innings of three-hit ball and struck out three. He had what was probably his best career appearance at LSU in his last. He’s a senior.
- Alden Cartwright, LSU RHP: The Baton Rouge native promised a win Sunday night. He didn’t record an out in a struggle of a start. He hit his first batter on a 1-2 pitch and walked the next two to load the bases.
- Brady Domangue, LSU RHP: Domangue faced five batters and did not record an out. He allowed four hits, three runs and intentionally walked a batter.
The Turning Point
- Houston scored a whopping seven runs in the third inning, the most in one frame against LSU this season. The Cougars took a 9-2 lead to the fourth.
- “It was as poorly a game as we pitched all year.” – LSU coach Paul Mainieri