Recipe is from Jennifer Trahan and Christine Fulton, co-owners of Cajun Country Rice.
2 cups cooked long grain rice
1/2 cup pine nuts, divided
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered and seasoned to taste with salt and pepper
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Cook rice according to package instructions
2. To make the pesto, process 1/4 cup pine nuts, garlic and basil in a food processor or blender until finely chopped.
3. Add the olive oil and salt and blend until smooth. If it is too thick, thin with a little more oil.
4. In a bowl, mix the pesto sauce with enough rice to suit your preference.
5. Add tomatoes and remaining pine nuts and mix well.