Beef Tips & Oni ons
Serves 4 to 6. Recipe is by Julie Kay.
2 lbs. boneless beef tips (or country-style beef ribs)
1 tsp. Creole seasoning
1 pkg. from a (2.2-oz.) box of beefy onion dried soup mix
2 medium onions, quartered
1 (14-oz.) can seasoned beef broth
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1. Sprinkle Creole seasoning on beef tips and place in the slow cooker.
2. Add all other ingredients and cook on Low for 6 hours.
3. Serve over rice or pasta.
Flavor Chinese Pork Ribs with orange marmalade, soy sauce and whole onions.
Chinese Pork Ribs
Serves 6. Recipe is by Julie Kay.
3 or 4 small onions, peeled and whole
2 lbs. country-style pork ribs
1 tbl. lemon juice
1 tbl. minced garlic
¼ cup soy sauce
1 cup orange marmalade
1 tsp. black pepper
1. Place onions in slow cooker. Place ribs on top of onions.
2. Mix together lemon juice, garlic and soy sauce. Add in orange marmalade and gently mix.
3. Pour over ribs and onions, reserving about 1⁄3 cup of sauce for later. Sprinkle with black pepper.
4. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Remove from cooker and baste reserved sauce over all.
L.A. Times: Pizza Hut’s P’Zolo takes aim at Subway.
NPR trifles with trifles.
Try some royal jubilee eats with MSNBC.
PBS tenderizes meat.
Lifehacker tells you how to spin healthy food.