What your favorite restaurant may know about you.
Are organics better? Really?
McDonald’s opens vegetarian restaurant.
Cafe Americain shows off Coconut Almond Chicken.
The French explore Chinese cooking, including rancid bear paw.
A fried chicken festival, and not where you’d think.
Starbucks to accept Square mobile payments.
Pan-Seared Salmon Bruschetta. Yes, please.
Tequila Chicken uses a marinade to bring a fresh, tropical taste to your dinner table. Leftovers are also great on a salad.
Serves 4. Recipe is by Beth Colvin.
4 large chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
2 shots silver tequila, divided
4 tbls. lime juice, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
Cajun seasoning, to taste
The Louisiana Culinary Institute will offer classes this summer covering barbecue, breads, chicken and seafood, among other things. Advance purchase required. Call (225) 769-8820 or click here.
- Saturday, June 16: BBQ Like the Professionals, 9 a.m. to noon.
- Saturday, June 16: Artisan Breads, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, June 18: Italian 101, 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Monday, June 18: Stocks & Sauces Featuring Chicken, 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 14: Cooking With Louisiana Seafood, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Saturday July 14: Viennoisserie “Viennese Style Pastry,” 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, July 16: Stocks & Sauces Featuring Seafood, 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Monday, July 23: Cuisine of the Mediterranean, 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
N.Y. Times: Food trucks take Paris.
NPR explores foodscaping.
Washington Post: KFC releases Col. Sanders’ book free today.