LSU released its Week 1 depth chart heading into the game against Wisconsin on Saturday (it’s above). Here are the need-to-know nuggets:
- At quarterback, Anthony Jennings and Brandon Harris are listed as dual starters with an “or” between their names. That’s a common theme on the chart. Both QBs are expected to play. It should be noted that no “or” was included in the depth chart released over the summer.
- The right guard battle continues to wage, though most believe Hoko Fanaika has won the job over Evan Washington. There’s an “or” between their names.
- At defensive tackle, Quentin Thomas and Frank Herron are listed as dual starters. Thomas tore his biceps during the first week of fall camp but plans to play with the injury. Herron is expected to get much of the playing time.
- Terrence Magee is listed as the starting kick returner, and his backup is receiver Travin Dural. We’re hearing rumblings that freshman running back Leonard Fournette is in the mix at kick returner, but he’s not listed on the depth chart.
- At safety, Jalen Mills, arrested in June, has been added to the depth chart. He wasn’t on the one released this summer. Mills is No. 2 behind starter Ronald Martin.