A total off 43 former LSU players competed, were inactive or were on practice squads during Week 1 of the NFL season completed Monday night.
- Odell Beckham Jr., who has yet to play a down for the New York Giants, was inactive because of his lingering hamstring injury.
- Alfred Blue blocked a punt and scored for the Houston Texans in his first NFL game.
- Ryan Clark, a 13-year NFL veteran, had five tackles and broke up a pass in his first game with the Washington Redskins since 2005 (he was with the Steelers from 2006-13).
- Beckham’s old running mate, Jarvis Landry, had two kick returns for a 28-yard average and three punt returns for an 8-yard average for the Miami Dolphins.
- LaRon Landry had eight tackles for the Indianapolis Colts.
- Eric Reid had a 48-yard interception return to go with four tackles for the San Francisco 49ers.
- Russell Shepard, who entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2013, finally recorded his first NFL tackle Sunday for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- In a late transaction, linebacker Kelvin Sheppard signed a contract Monday with Miami. He played for Indianapolis in 2013.
Here’s the complete list:
Name, Years at LSU, NFL Team, Position, Week 1 status/stats
Joe Barksdale, 2007-10, St. Louis Rams, OT, Week 1: Started
Lamin Barrow, 2009-13, Denver Broncos, LB, W1: 1 Tackle
Odell Beckham Jr., 2011-13, New York Giants, WR, W1: Inactive
Alfred Blue, 2010-13, Houston Texans, RB, W1: Blocked Punt, 5 yd. TD return
Dwayne Bowe, 2003-06, Kansas City Chiefs, WR, W1: Suspended
Michael Brockers, 2009-11, St. Louis Rams, DT, W1: 2 Tackles
Ron Brooks, 2007-11, Buffalo Bills, CB, W1: 1 Tackle
Morris Claiborne, 2009-11, Dallas Cowboys, CB, W1: 3 Tackles
Ryan Clark, 1997-2001, Washington Redskins, FS, W1: 5 Tackles, 1 PBU
Glenn Dorsey, 2004-07, San Francisco 49ers, DT, W1: Injured Reserve/Designated to Return list
Lavar Edwards, 2008-12, Dallas Cowboys, DE, W1: No stats
Ego Ferguson, 2010-13, Chicago Bears, DT, W1: No stats
Matt Flynn, 2003-07, Green Bay Packers, QB, W1: Did not play
Jeremy Hill, 2012-13, Cincinnati Bengals, RB, W1: 4 rush, 19 yds
Trindon Holliday, 2006-09, New York Giants, WR/RS, W1: Injured Reserve/Designated to Return list
Tyson Jackson, 2004-08, Atlanta Falcons, DE, W1: 1 Tackle
Ricky Jean-Francois, 2005-08, Indianapolis Colts, DT, W1: 1 Tackle
Anthony Johnson, 2011-13, Miami Dolphins, DT, W1: 1 Fumble recovered
Donnie Jones, 2000-03, Philadelphia Eagles, P, W1: 6 punts, 38.3 avg.
Brandon LaFell, 2005-09, New England Patriots, WR, W1: No stats
Jarvis Landry, 2011-13, Miami Dolphins, WR, W1: 2 KR, 28.0 avg.; 3 PR, 8.0 avg.
LaRon Landry, 2003-06, Indianapolis Colts, S, W1: 8 Tackles
Bennie Logan, 2009-12, Philadelphia Eagles, DT, W1: 2 Tackles
Craig Loston, 2009-13, Jacksonville Jaguars, S, W1: Practice Squad
Tyrann Mathieu, 2010-11, Arizona Cardinals, DB, W1: Inactive
Danny McCray, 2006-09, Chicago Bears, S, W1: 2 Tackles
Zach Mettenberger, 2011-13, Tennessee Titans, QB, W1: Inactive
Barkevious Mingo, 2010-12, Cleveland Browns, LB, W1: 4 Tackles
Kevin Minter, 2009-12, Arizona Cardinals, LB, W1: 3 Tackles
Sam Montgomery, 2009-12, Cincinnati Bengals, LB, W1: Practice Squad
Patrick Peterson, 2008-10, Arizona Cardinals, CB/RS, W1: 1 Tackle
Rueben Randle, 2009-11, New York Giants, WR, W1: 2 rec., 1 yd.
Eric Reid, 2010-12, San Francisco 49ers, S, W1: 4 Tackles, 1 PBU, 1 INT, 48 yds.
Stevan Ridley, 2007-10, New England Patriots, RB, W1: 8 rush, 21 yds.; 2 rec., 7 yds.
Perry Riley Jr., 2006-09, Washington Redskins, LB, W1: 6 Tackles
Russell Shepard, 2009-12, TampaBay Buccaneers, WR, W1: 1 Tackle
Tharold Simon, 2010-12, Seattle Seahawks, CB, W1: Inactive
Trai Turner, 2011-13, Carolina Panthers, OG, W1: Started
Andrew Whitworth, 2002-05, Cincinnati Bengals, OG, W1: Started
Kyle Williams, 2002-05, Buffalo Bills, DT, W1: 1 Tackle, 1 PBU
Brad Wing, 2010-12, Pittsburgh Steelers, P, W1: 6 Punts, 43.7 avg.
Al Woods, 2006-09, Tennessee Titans, DT, W1: 1 Tackle
James Wright, 2010-13, Cincinnati Bengals, WR, W1: Inactive
Signed Monday (Sept. 8)
Kelvin Sheppard, 2006-10, Miami Dolphins, LB